Friday, March 30, 2012

I can't live without you...

My BlackBerry and My MacBook!

I spend a considerable amount of time with these two hi-tech devices each day. I am so addicted to these devices that I look at these even before I say good morning to anyone at home. I searched on Google for rehabilitation camps for this addiction... I found some interesting sites. So, this is a valid form of addiction and there are other people in this world who are also addicted and there are also some organizations that help in rehabilitation....

Yesterday, I sat thinking about what will happen if I shut both the devices off for a FULL MONTH. Here's what I discovered...

No Reminder Service
  • My Bills will never get paid as my reminder service will be shut.
  • I will get beaten for not remembering Birthdays and Anniversaries.
  • I will miss my "Favorite" TV Program because I don't remember which day and at what time it is telecast.
No Alarm Service
  • I will not be able to get up in the morning as my Morning Alarm will not go off. 
  • My daughter or wife do not understand the "Snooze" function, so I guess I won't be woken up again, till I open my eyes on my own.
No Banking
  • I have to walk to my ATM and figure out my bank balance!
  • I cannot pay bills online! Have to figure out alternative ways to pay my bills. 
No Phone Calls and Messages
  • I cannot call my friends and relatives.
  • I cannot register my complaints on service providers.
No Phone Book
  • I will not be able to call my wife as I do not remember her phone number.
  • I have not used a Land Line in ages and I don't know what a Telephone Directory looks like. Even if I get my hands on one, I have to figure out how to use it.
No Photographs
  • I cannot take photographs on the move.
  • I cannot share these photographs with my friends and relatives.
No Blogs
  • I will not be able to write new blog posts. So, I have to switch to writing on a notebook. OMG!, there is no backspace, no editing, no taking a break to consolidate my thoughts, I have to "Do it Right the First Time, Every time!". 
  • I will not be able to publish my blog posts each week.
No Writing To Communicate
  • I have forgotten how to write letters now, my daughter said, I got to walk to the neighborhood post office and buy an "Inland Letter" and write to anyone I want to.
  • Oh, I have to write with a "Pen", I have used my pen only to sign Cheques and Application Form (my agent fills the form out for me).
  • OMG!, my handwriting is pathetic with no practice over the years, and I was complaining about my Doctor's bad Hand Writing the other day. I used to type my Covering Letters in Microsoft Word and the print out on A4 sized sheets.
No Facebook
  • Friends will not know what I am up to as I will not be able to access Facebook.
  • I will not know what is happening in my friend's lives as I rely on facebook to tell me, I know of no other simpler ways to find friends and keep in touch....
No Work gets done.... No Job!
  • Some teams will stop functioning as they won't get responses to their emails.
  • I won't get my Pay Slip & Income Tax Computation Working!
  • Boss and Colleagues will forget that I exist.
No Research, Study & Reading
  • No Google, so I will not know where to search for information
  • No Wikipedia to find consolidated information
  • I have forgotten what a Library is and even don't know where I can find one!
  • I will be tired of carrying books around as there is no pdf versions.
No My Time Piece & Calender
  • I won't know what time it is, if someone asks me.
  • I won't know the date as well.
No Games and Recreation
  • No Solitaire, No Word Mole, No Bejewelled
  • No YouTube

I don't want to go to stone age, I can't live without you... my BlackBerry and MacBook! 

No comments:

Post a Comment